Go Beyond the Symptoms with an Organic Acid Test
Since 1992, Metametrix has offered the Organix Profile, a complete quantitative organic acids test. The Organix provides a view into the body’s cellular metabolic processes and the efficiency of metabolic function. Identifying metabolic blocks or problems with detoxification, gut dysbiosis, or oxidative stress that can be treated nutritionally allows for individual tailoring of interventions. Targeted treatment can help maximize patient responses and lead to improved patient outcomes.
Advantages of the Organix Comprehensive Profile
- Extensive Analyte List – The Organix Comprehensive contains one of the most extensive analyte lists in the industry. Including markers such as Quinolinate, D-Arabinitol, and 8-Hydroxy-2’deoxyguanosine, the Organix offers great value.
- Innovative Method – The LC/MS-MS method, which is also used to screen newborns for metabolic disorders, requires very little sample preparation and processing. This technology provides more stability, accuracy, and sensitivity in measuring organic acids at low levels for optimum test results.
- Single Urine Specimen – A single overnight urine collection is easy for patients, leading to increased patient compliance.
Why use an organic acid test?
Organic acids are metabolic intermediates produced in pathways of central energy production, detoxification, neurotransmitter breakdown, and intestinal microbial activity. Accumulation of specific organic acids in urine often signals a metabolic inhibition or block. This abnormality may be due to a nutrient deficiency, an inherited enzyme deficit, toxic build-up, or drug effect. Testing for organic acids helps reveal activity and changes at the metabolic level, helping practitioners discover hidden issues and pinpoint where therapeutic focus is needed.
The Organix Profile provides important information in the areas of:
- Vitamin and mineral insufficiencies
- Amino acid insufficiencies like carnitine and N-acetyl cysteine (NAC)
- Oxidative damage and antioxidant sufficiency markers
- Indicators to assess detoxification sufficiency
- The best functional markers of B-complex deficiency
- Neurotransmitter metabolites to assess central nervous system (CNS) function
- Mitochondrial energy production assessment via citric acid cycle components
- Methylation sufficiency status
- Lipoic acid and CoQ10 sufficiency markers
- Specific dysbiosis markers for bacterial and yeast overgrowth
The Organix Profiles can provide important information for treating certain conditions, including:
- Sleep abnormalities
- Mood changes
- Blood sugar dysregulation
- Weight gain
- Multiple chemical sensitivity
- Joint pain
- Autoimmune disorders
- Early aging
Additional Organix Profiles:
- Organix Basic – A great option for follow-up testing when dysbiosis markers are not needed.
- Organix Dysbiosis – Measures the by-products of microbial metabolism to access overgrowth and help guide and monitor therapy.