The Metametrix ION (Individual•Optimal•Nutrition) Profile is a combination of analyses that measures levels of organic acids, fatty acids, amino acids, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Includes Green & Lean Supplement.
- Organix Profile – reveals the nutritional and metabolic basis of patient symptoms, including anxiety, mood changes, and immune responses.
- Amino Acid Profile – determines essential amino acid imbalances that affect both physical and mental function.
- Nutrient and Toxic Element Profiles – identifies a toxic burden, which can render considerable damage to the brain and nervous system as well as sufficiency of nutrient elements.
- Fatty Acid Profile – helps strike the right balance of fatty acids that can impact health and development.
- Antioxidant Vitamins – measures a total body status of antioxidant nutrients and nutritional deficiencies.
- Coenzyme Q10 – measures total body status of this antioxidant nutrient and energy pathway cofactor.
- Lipid Peroxides – measures total serum lipid peroxidation, an indication of whole body free radical activity.
- Homocysteine – identifies total homocysteine in plasma, and elevated levels are an independent risk factor for premature cardiovascular disease and atherothrombotic cerebrovascular disease.
- Item #: TestION
The ION Profile is Helpful in Cases of:
Heart Disease: where deficiencies of magnesium, taurine, carnitine, fatty acids and other important substances commonly accompany heart disease. Re-supplying depleted nutrients greatly aids in prevention and recovery.
Obesity: many obese persons have multiple nutritional deficiencies. Dietary improvement and nutritional supplementation based on ION test results help many achieve more active metabolism. In the process, they are able to eliminate excess fat and fluid.
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: an enigmatic disorder that frequently involves mitochondrial inefficiencies (deficits in cellular energy production) that can be revealed by comparing the organic acids, amino acids and minerals test results.
Cancer: is usually exacerbated by malnutrition/cachexia. Overall, nutritional testing helps determine the type and amount of supplementation needed.
Immune Disorders: where deficiencies in a wide variety of nutrients, from amino acids to fatty acids to zinc, are seen.
Developmental Delay, Autism, Down’s Syndrome: increasing numbers of children are experiencing dramatic improvements in development and achievement due to supplementation based on ION test results.
Mental/Emotional Disorders: often have underlying biochemical imbalances which are revealed by testing for organic acids, amino acids, minerals, and fatty acids.
Learning and Behavioral Disorders: neurotransmitter precursors and their metabolites are often unbalanced in disorders such as ADHD. Assessment of organic acids and amino acids can be very helpful.
Multiple Chemical Sensitivities: functional nutrient levels are affected, including many of those involved in cellular respiration. The ION profile can determine where imbalances occur.
Please see our other Integrated Profiles:
- Cardio/ION Profile – the value of the ION with an added cardiovascular disease risk assessment!
- TRIAD Profile – a combination profile of Amino Acids, Allergix, and Organix.
- Women’s Health Profile – a combination of tests specifically designed for women.
- The ION Profile is also available in a Pediatric format, offering modified collection procedures.